Friday, May 27, 2011

There is sunshine in my soul today!

Scarlett and I were a little sneaky this morning. Matthew was off doing dangerous things in Yosemite with my father in law, so as payback for the anxiety he gives me when he goes there I took Scarlett to look at her daddy's blackberries he's growing all along our fence.

The little plants have produced a few fruit, most are still green, and he is very protective over them. We sneaked over this morning to take a peek and Scar was in awe of them. We narrowly averted near disaster, as you can see in the picture; she almost plucked one right off. Even if she had, that is what you get, Matthew Ens, for leaving at 3 am and me not being able to fall back asleep until 5:30! Hahaha!

Just kidding!
I am proud of his little babies, of course!





Today we went to Super Target- a truly super place- and picked up one of these inflatable pools to play in when I don't feel like driving to my parents to use their pool.
She loved it and it was relaxing to just sit outside and watch her. I could sit and watch her do anything, though. It is amazing to watch a child learn and discover.

Isn't her hair so cute?
When she sweats the curls really come out.
Matt is crazy about her hair!







So, today is Friday which means I get to post the results of my weekly Shine Project challenge. This week Ashley challenged us to take a picture of something that shines; a person, place, or thing that shines or inspires us to.

I took a picture of the TOMS I bought for Scarlett. Because they are sparkly and therefore, they literally shine, but also because the company itself shines. For every pair you buy, TOMS will give a pair to a child in need. How can that not inspire someone to shine?




Click below if I've inspired you to start the weekly challenges!

ashlemieux

1 comment:

Mommy Kerin said...

Hello! I found you on The Shine Project blog and I am now your newest follower! Love finding other mommy bloggers that actually write blogs (not just giveaways) yay!

Loving all the photos of your beautiful little girl! SO sweet. I'm also going to look into getting a pair of TOMS for my little girl. I'm thinking about the Pink Sparkly ones next week after I make some more moola! Maybe a pair for my two boys too! Love doing something good especially if I can spoil my babies at the same time! Thanks!